Saturday, December 9, 2017

Wishes in a Jar

Last year, I gave my friends' 8 year old daughter a birthday gift of dandelion wishes. That is, a jar full of dandelion seeds, to be pulled out when a wish was needed.

I have no idea what she really thought of it, and I have a feeling the poem I wrote to accompany it got tossed in the garbage, but I'm proud of it. I've never been much good at poetry but I liked this one. Just found it while cleaning up my documents folders and I will share it here!

So remember: every time you see a field full of dandelions gone to seed, you can look at them as weeds, or you can look at them as wishes.

Wishes in a Jar
When so ever you have a need,
Take a head of dandelion seeds,
And blow your wish
Into the Air;
Then say these words,
“Let my wish be heard!
And when the seeds
Are all used up
Just gather more
To fill your cup!
For know, sweet girl,
In this great world
There’s a place for every
Wish to be heard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment